Friday, March 6, 2009

Alex or Bust

Saturday we arrived in BHM with no problem. When we got in the shuttle to the remote lot the drives said "The weather man is calling for 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow". Paul and I just laughed. We rushed home to get things together because we had an engagement shower in Alexander City. Paul's old roommate is getting married in April and we were spending the night with his other roommate. The party was great and it was wonderful to catch up with the Neese's and Alan and Claire.

Sunday we woke up and were talking with Jim and April and there was a little bit of snow falling. A little while later Rachel sends a message saying church was cancelled. I thought well it cant be that bad, its just because no one really likes to drive in the snow. Well when we finally decided to leave my car was completely covered!

There wasn't much snow on the ground but as we were on 280 heading to Birmingham the roads were getting really bad. I thought that it was unbelievable that there could actually be this much snow here.



Our neighborhood and our backyard.


No we did not go out to play. We (or maybe just me) are like the Grinch about going out to play in the snow. I guess that with growing up with snow and to of just left the white stuff I was not thrilled to see if again. As fast as the snow came I was just as happy to see it melt away. Yes I know that I am no fun!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Neese.... does he have a sister named Beth? If so, I went to Lipscomb with her Freshman year! Let me know!
I can't believe yall didn't play in the snow!! I was going to call and see if yall wanted to join us in our snowball fight! :)