Thursday, April 29, 2010

Getaway and a Shower

I took a getaway to Pittsburgh for a couple of weeks to help my parents out. I planned to go for a few days come home and then go back…. well when I decided to drive, and I decided to just stay there. With my sister, just leaving my mom was happy to have me around. There was a lot of work and a lot of spoiling while I was home painting, ripping up carpet (Paul), hanging mirrors, shopping, mani's/pedi's… it was great. When Paul came to visit for a few days, he had a grand idea of going to the baseball game…. being from Pittsburgh we are not much of a baseball town because well…. ummmm… they stink! We did luck out and the pirates WON yes WON… it was only their second game for the season but hey we were there and they won. Even better I called the doctor of the family I worked for too see if he still had his season tickets (which he did) and we got them right behind home plate and we got the parking pass too… score!!! So it cost us practically nothing to go because it was "dollar night" where certain things were only a dollar! However, since that game the Pirates have been going downhill.

My dad and I took Cole to the dog park for some fun. He was running around after the little dogs (well because compared to him everything is little) and he found the small mud hole and decided to splash in it a little. Once we got home, my dad had to give him a bath.Cole all pretty after his bath

My aunt, mom, older sister and I went shopping for my mom's Mother of the Groom dress while we were home. No pictures until the wedding but I will say that it is black. For our wedding, my mom wanted to wear black but because the bridesmaids were wearing black, she had to pick another color. So stay tuned for the June wedding post.

On Friday was the Bachelorette party at Dave and Buster's, if you have never been there it is like Chuck E. Cheese with adult games.

l: Hilary and Aimee m: Aimee reliving glory days of basketball r: Mom and Aunt Mel

Saturday was the shower. Annette and Nathan got a lot of nice stuff. Everything Annette opened Aimee said, "Oh I could use that for my apartment." It was so funny. It was a great turn out and a good time.

1.The cake turned out really good. 2-3 Annette opening gifts. 4.The favors


Sunday evening Paul flew to Pittsburgh to drive home with me. We had a great time together and we (really me) didn't get any speeding tickets…. Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Jessa Mullen said...

MUCH BETTER! I love all the pictures! I think you look so much like your sisters!