As you can see Reagan has a new addition to her wardrobe. She is sporting a pink helmet. It is to help shape her head. Its common with premies because when they are born their bones are very soft. And when they are in the NICU they are always laying the same way. So with that being said a few months ago I realized that Reagan would only really look one way and the back of her head was getting a little flat. We tried turning her and getting her to sleep different directions. It worked a little but I could still see it. We went to go see the head specialist and this is what we got. A cranial band to help shape her head a little bit. Reagan does not mind it at all. We have even jazzed it up a little bit and put a bow on it. We go back every few weeks to check out progress and we will see how long she has to wear it.
Snack time
All little girls need to have a bow
Trying to walk with daddy
We have gotten some looks about it, people have said "Oh I need to get one for my baby, he falls all the time", and even from one person "I'm glad we never had to do that". WOW did you just hear what you said. People are not used to seeing things like this because it is not "normal" in some peoples eyes. But I dont let it bother me. Yes I say me, because Reagan cant really understand what they are saying. Its not like she is going to be in this forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment