***** Warning to all cat lovers read with caution!!!! *****
Since I have moved into our house 3 years ago I have been begging Paul for another garden. Once I got one I asked for another. As a kid I have always been helping in my gram's garden and as I got older helped in my mom's garden. SO a couple of months ago Paul agreed to help me (well actually he dug it and I watched) dig up more of the yard for another garden. I was thrilled to get my garden and to plant all kinds of plants. My awesome husband is a perfectionist as you can see from the tracing paint.


Well before I could actually get any of the flowers planted my arch nemesis decided that he wanted a new litter box! The neighbor's cat thought that it was cool to use my garden!!! So everyday I would come home from work I would go and check out the garden and there they were paw prints and a present. I asked around about keeping cats out and I was told to try moth balls and citrus. WELL NONE OF THEM WORKED, still presents in my garden. Oh I would get SO up set and Paul would just shake his head and laugh at me. Finally I got some flowers planted (while using rubber gloves, what a sight that was) and thought that my problems were over. Actually Ozzie is pretty smart and would walk behind the flowers between the house. Thanks to Lowe's for selling flowers at a discount (for 50 cents) I bought a couple of these pretty leafy plants with pink on them. And now my garden is ALL mine.
Well before I could actually get any of the flowers planted my arch nemesis decided that he wanted a new litter box! The neighbor's cat thought that it was cool to use my garden!!! So everyday I would come home from work I would go and check out the garden and there they were paw prints and a present. I asked around about keeping cats out and I was told to try moth balls and citrus. WELL NONE OF THEM WORKED, still presents in my garden. Oh I would get SO up set and Paul would just shake his head and laugh at me. Finally I got some flowers planted (while using rubber gloves, what a sight that was) and thought that my problems were over. Actually Ozzie is pretty smart and would walk behind the flowers between the house. Thanks to Lowe's for selling flowers at a discount (for 50 cents) I bought a couple of these pretty leafy plants with pink on them. And now my garden is ALL mine.
The finished product
***** No animals were hurt in this process *****
A few other pictures of my garden
My next project (if we are here long enough)
3 comments:
Looks good! That cat poo might be good fertilizer for the plants!
Love it! I personally might have been just a little more aggressive with the cat situation...lol =)
Your yard looks AMAZING! You guys did such a good job!
Post a Comment