With not living close to our parents I wanted breaking the news to be fun...Well not everything always goes as planned, but I have realized that and sometimes you just have to deal with it and move on. And sharing our news was nothing different. For so long Paul and I kept our mouths shut about expecting that when it was time to crack we hoped it would of gone better... for some of the family.
We broke on the Saturday before Mother's Day. We sent Mother's day cards late (yes late like on Friday afternoon) and Paul's grandmother got hers at 9am. COME on postal service if this was a bill you would of waited till Monday. We did not think that the mail would get to North AL until Monday... wrong! SO the secret was out and we had to deal with that.... ugh. But I think everyone is happy and we shall move on.
When the news broke in N.AL I had to call my mom.
Me: what she was up to? Is dad around or working?
Mom: Making lunch for the workers (parents were getting a bathroom remodeled) and your dad is here want to talk to him?
Me: No not really just wanted to check in and also I am a slacker and sent your card and present late and was going to email you a picture of what we got you.
Mom: OK I'm going to get the computer (as she yells to my dad Sarah's on the phone)
I am sitting in front of the computer just waiting to click send..
Mom: OK have you sent if yet.
Me: yes, it should be there in a minute
Mom:......... (silence).......... its a baby.
It was pretty funny to hear my mom say that know the look on my dad's face of what is that. My dad said he thought it was going to be a picture of a dog. Sorry not this time maybe soon.
For my older sister Hilary---
Me:Hey Hil! How are you? I have a question can you get us into Disney (she works there) sometime next year but there are going to be 3 people.
Hilary: Fine and then continues talking.... well let me know sooner to when your coming, are you staying here or at a resort?
Me: Well I don't know how you will feel, we will have a 3rd person with us.
Hilary: Well it doesn't matter is it a friend or something?
Me: No your niece or nephew......
Hilary:........... WHAT (in a high squeak)... WHAT
I was just laughing and laughing I thought it was so funny.
For Paul's brother Patrick and my brother Nathan- they are both getting married this summer so we asked them if we could bring someone else with us to the wedding. Patrick caught on pretty fast but Nathan was still wondering what was going on for a minute.
For Paul's older brother and my younger sister we just told them... nothing exciting at all. But they were still pretty happy.
When sharing our news with the family members I wish I was a fly on the wall and would of gotten pictures of their faces.... they would of been priceless!
5 comments:
No matter how you tell, it is always special!
WOW! I should ck. Your blog more often! I almost missed all the excitement! Congratulations! BTW – love those baby pics!
Love Aunt Jo Anne
Love the stories!! So funny. I loved telling my family too. The best stories are the ones when people are clueless, and then say, "Ohhh, ok!" So excited for yall!
YAY! What a fun post... You'll always have this to look back to!
What fun ways to tell!! It's crazy that we're actually pregnant, isn't it?! I can't wait until December to find out what you're having!!!!
Post a Comment