Friday, October 28, 2011

1 year old

Well we have had Reagan in our lives for a WHOLE YEAR now!!  Wow has the time gone fast.  We have enjoyed every minute of her.  As her birthday approached I would sit and think back to what we were doing last year.. at this moment and that moment.  The day before Reagan arrived I was in the gym at Day School riding on a Little Tikes tractor.  Doing exactly what I should be doing with only having 6 weeks to go before having a baby.  One on my kids mom came in to pick up her kids asked how much longer and I told her 6 more weeks. Her response "You could go any day now."  Same day driving home from school taking to my mom, "You could go any day now."  Well I guess they didn't think any day now would be.... the next day.

On Reagan's birthday as lunch time rolled around I said to Monica, "About this time last year you were feeding kids lunch and I came to tell you "I think my water broke'".  Monica and I laughed as we remembered that day 1 year ago.  I think that Reagan's early and exciting arrival story will ALWAYS be a wonderful memory.  I hated that Paul was not there, but we did have him home with us on her birthday. 

The night before Reagan's birthday Paul installed her BIG girl car seat.  I love it!  She is so much happier that she can see everything from a different view now!



Playing in the gym before going back to the nursery.  

 Enjoying some cheerio's

To celebrate after school we went to the hospital to visit the nurses and take them a treat.  They got a kick out of her as she swung her leg up to her head.  She loved the ladies all making a big deal about her.  I cant wait to go back and see those sweet ladies again.
 I totally forgot to take a picture with the nurses so all I have is us on the elevator. :(


 Reagan during the year.  She has changed so much

After the hospital we headed home and Reagan took a nap (didnt get much of one at school).  For dinner we went to the Olive Garden.  By the time we got there it was pretty late, past dinner time for Reagan but she did pretty good.
Reagan is such a blessing and we love her to pieces.  I cant wait to see what she has in store for us next.  

To Follow her party was on Saturday.

Monday we went to the doctors for her 1 year appointment.  They had an opening on Friday but who whats to get shots the day before there party... I know I don't.  Dr McCain said she was going great and growing well.  

I knew what this appointment had in store with this appointment (shots).  
So you got a sucker....... and loved it!!


A few facts for me to remember
- no more bottle (thanks to the tummy bug, made transition super easy)
- eating just about everything that we give to eat
- loves a sweet treat every so often (just like mommy)
- has been on whole milk
- talking more but only when you really want to
- loves to hug your dolls and give kisses

No comments: