Monday, September 3, 2012

Random Thoughts and Update


When on Island do as the locals do…

Last week we went to the bank to open an on Island account as some companies don’t accept off island checks.  Well we were there for over an hour. We have never opened an account that ever took this long.  Paul said I guess that’s why they say to only do one thing a day.  Better we learn this sooner than later.  Car registration and driver license would of been interesting. 

Waiting for Daddy to get back from his trip.  It was an EARLY morning!
Early to bed after being up early to pick up daddy
We decided on an apartment and will be doing a walk-through this week.  Once we do that I will take pictures of our new home and post them.  It is a great place with a view of the ocean.  The complex has a playground, pool, security, and is gated.  We are actually going to be living right down the hall from Paul's old roommate in NJ.  We love Greg and Erin and are looking forward to having them as neighbors.  We have actually met a few other pilots that live there too.  But they either dont have kids or their kids are a little older.  But we will meet plenty of other friends.

Japanese people LOVE Reagan!  I hate to be stereotypical but they do!  They always bring their kids over to see Reagan while she is playing in the pool and they love to take pictures of her.  Reagan is always interested in the kids, I mean what kid doesn't like other kids.  But as for wanting her picture she is not always interested. I want to ask them if I can take their picture just to have it.  I'm not sure why I just do.  Japanese people are not used to seeing blond hair, blue eye kids and are quite impressed.  After meeting some friends here and after them seeing Reagan they all say, "I'm sure the Japanese people love her".
Reagan got this balloon flower from some random person as we were coming in from the pool. See what I mean?!

Hotel living is getting old!  I think Reagan is reaching her limit along with Paul and I of living in hotels and eating out every meal.  It is kinda nice to try some the local places and know where we will not be revisiting.  We are looking forward to our things arriving and getting into the apartment to starting a more normal life.  Our container should be arriving sometime this week.  After sitting in Customs for a few days our things will be released and we will move into our new place.  We also received word that the cars were on their way.  They are on two different boats and will arrive a few days apart.  Until they arrive we will enjoy cruising in our Cube.  Oh yeah!  

one of the pools



An upside, Paul has been around a lot.  He usually goes to work in the morning and comes back that afternoon or goes to work at night and comes back early the next morning.  We have enjoyed having him around a lot more.

No comments: