The mice
will play...
For 2 weeks Paul was on the mainland. Well it wasn't quite a week but that's what I am calling it. He left us Sunday morning and got back late Thursday night of the next week. He had training for a few days in Houston and then went to Alabama to take care of some business and go shopping for me. Oh the things you miss living on an island.
Not that we don't always have fun, but while Daddy was gone we had to keep ourselves busy, you know. We went to the pool a few times, the Aquarium (I got a year membership and am pretty sure it has paid for itself already), we went to the playground, and Reagan rode her bike. (Thank heaven for the Ergo Baby and my Mountain Buggy! Without the Ergo we wouldn't get out as much as we do.) Our wonderful neighbors, Greg and Erin invited us to dinners with them and Erin and I hung out.
We were happy for Daddy to come home. Everyday Reagan would ask where is daddy. She has gotten so used to having him around all the time.
I picked Reagan up from school and asked her if she wanted to go to the pool. She said, um no. Are you sure? OK. Once we arrived at the pool Reagan didn't want to get out of the stroller to get changed. So for a hour she just chilled out playing her game and talked to me. And Hunter just snoozed the whole time. I felt bad being at the pool and just laying out. When was the last time you did that with 2 kids. But I enjoyed it. Reagan had to flip around. She is so silly I love it!
Reagan just loves Hunter! He has gotten used to her "Bull in the china shop" disposition. Anytime Hunter makes a noise, Reagan is running to check on him and see if he needs anything. She walks up to him and starts "talking" and he will just smile at her. I guess they speak the same language.
We played hard a lot... and with playing hard you need your rest. Have I mentioned that I LOVE my new stroller!!! It makes getting around a whole lot easier.
Any trip to the playground is a chance for a photo op. I cant believe that Hunter will be 3 months in a few days. Really where does the time go?!?!?!
Reagan is going to teach Hunter so much...
We enjoyed our time as the 3 of us, but were happy to have daddy back. And it was actually a lot easier then I had expected. Reagan was a great helper and big sister.



No comments:
Post a Comment