
For Thanksgiving Paul had to work so I was heading to Pittsburgh. On Tuesday, Nov 25th we headed to the airport to head to Newark, while we were checking the flight loads it went from 1 to 2 seats being open. PREFECT for me! All we need is one seat in be back for me and Paul can sit up front. So we head to the gate and there is one seat and it was showing the flight was overbooked by one. At 3o minutes before the flight there were no more seats, so I was left standing there watching Paul and the plane push back. Now being Wednesday, Nov 26th the day before Thanksgiving the morning flight to Newark was booked full so my options was the afternoon flight again. I got on that one but because it gets in after the last Pittsbugh flight leaves I'm spending the night in Jersey now. (Which I planned on.) I headed to the apartment (crashpad) to take a short nap before being up at 4'oclock a.m. for the Pittsburgh flight. Good thing I as on the 6'oclock flight because I would of been spending Thanksgiving in New Jersey.
I finally made it to Pittsburgh Thanksgiving morning and Paul was enjoying his day in Las Vegas. My time at home was great but would of been better if Paul was around. Thats the joys of being married to a pilot. No holidays off, maybe in about 4-5 years he will have them off.
On Sunday, Nov 30th it was time to fight my way back to Newark to meet up with Paul when he got back from Madrid. I decided to take the noon flight out and get to Newark before Paul.
The fun begins again, the flight to Newark is delayed about 20 minutes, we load up the plane and start to taxi for the runway, the pilot comes over the PA and says that we are going to be delayed an hour...... an hour later, we are delayed another hour...... Finally we are released for Newark. Once I get to Newark, Paul is right behind us. We head to the apartment to hang out before out flight to Birmingham leaves (which is already delayed 1 hour). Arriving at the airport we do the normal sit and wait for 3 hours until they cancel the flight. There is no getting out of Newark the next day so luck us we are staying in Jersey for a few days, till Paul heads back to work.
We will wait to see what happens for Christmas........
1 comment:
Love the new blog! Glad you decided to do it. Now it will be easier to keep up with where you two have been and are going next.
Post a Comment