The last week of November and the whole month of December there are Christmas Festivals set up all over the towns. There was one right down the street from the Hotel.
The Christmas market
The Rathaus is on the square where one of the Christmas Markets are located and it is larger than Buckingham Palace.
Paul wanted to go to the "Miniature Wonderland" it is different parts on the world with a train world running threw it. It was very impressive both with the scale and detail.
Went all the was to Germany to see Las Vegas
The Hauptbahnhof
Dirty Santa (have to love the Germans)
I am a very picky eater and was always leery of trying new things, but I have opened up and tried new things. But this was one thing that I was not going to order, Paul ordered the Schweinshaxe. The Schweinshaxe is known as a German Delicacy. I'll stick to the Schnitzel, first time I had it, and it was pretty good.
After dinner we left the crew and headed to the Reeperbahn. It is the German version of Amsterdam's Red Light District. Except it does not have the women dancing in the window's, but plenty on the streets. None bothered us but we did see a women try to initiate a couple of men but was told to leave them alone.
Heading to the train.....
1 comment:
What a fun trip! Glad you got to go. The German culture definitely seems interesting.
Post a Comment