Two Friday's ago was Army Day.... Paul was in Anniston all day and I headed out for the last two events. The exercises are for getting our guys ready to head to Afghanistan or Iraq so we are happy to be friendly civilians and just be a distraction to them. The soldiers are not supposed to shoot unarmed people, but the last time we went I got shot by accident in the ankle and this time Paul was telling one of the guys (this was his first time to go) about how I got shot and in the middle of the story someone came in the room and shot Paul, his uncle, and the new guys. This time they had on protective gear so it did not hurt them. I thought is was funny though. Poor trigger happy guy got an earful after that.

The Army Guys got dropped off around the corner from where we were and after they got the hostage we followed them to watch them take off.

After dinner there was one more exercise out in the middle of nowhere. We were civilians and after all of this commotion and explosives were going off we were to walk down the street to see what was going on in the neighborhood. It was pretty cool to see the helicopters come in, land, drop off guys, and then head out. After they got the person they were looking for the helicopters came back and picked the guys up and were off again. Even thought it was dark there was still plenty to see.
We cant wait for the next one.

1 comment:
I've never heard of such a thing. How cool!
Post a Comment