Kramer was the coolest fish around since the day that I got him. When he first came home he lived in a Crystal vase (yeah I know crystal but what else was I going to use the vase for?!?!) Kramer has done more than any other fish that I know. He has been to the beach... YES I did! I could leave him home and not eat for a week. He drove from Birmingham to Pittsburgh to Newark AND then flew home. If that's not a crazy mom for you I don't know what is. After jumping out of the crystal vase TWICE he moved to a bigger home (5 gallon tank with two friends, it was safe for all involved). The first time he jumped out of the bowl Paul was there to rescue him as he was laying on the kitchen floor and I was screaming to pick him up! The second time he landed on the kitchen towel on the counter.
Kramer was the next best thing that I could get instead of having a dog (with all of the traveling that we do.) But last night Kramer passed away. I knew that it was coming for a while because he stopped eating and was just laying around at the bottom of the tank. When I went in last night to turn on his light he didn't look like he was breathing so I pulled out the net and brushed past him and nothing. I was sad but he has been around for 3 years. He was flushed and is now with his little friends who died in December.
He was only a fish but he was my fish and he was awesome. We will see if there is another one to follow.

Kramers trip to the beach. Paul looks so excited.
Kramer will be missed
3 comments:
Aww, I'm sad. Maybe the beach trip did him in.
Poor Kramer. I'm sure he is in fishy heaven somewhere...
When I was in college, I had a fish like that. It jumped out of it's bowl. My room mate decided to stab it with a fork in order to pick it up (because she didn't want to touch it). Of course, it died later that day!
I had two fish in college - Abe and Willoughby. They lived for about two years before they died... just a month or two apart. They made the move from Arkansas to Alabama quite successfully, but they never jumped out of their tank! Kramer must be a super-fish!
Sorry for your loss. I know you will miss him!
Post a Comment