I asked my parents to keep Reagan for a few days (like Saturday to Tuesday), well then I started thinking about it. Paul is off for 4 days... what is the chance that my parents will keep her ALL WEEK.... Well as I always say the worst anyone can say is NO. SOOOO I asked and got a YES!! A WHOLE WEEK with no baby what do you do? Sad but exciting all at the same time I left Reagan for a week with my parents. I felt really bad about doing it, but they did agree to keep her. Paul was going to be off (few and far between) and we could spend some time together just the TWO of us.
Can you say AWESOME Grandparents!! I CAN!
THANKS MOM AND DAD FOR KEEPING REAGAN!!!
She had a blast!
She had a blast!
I flew out Friday night and the weekend of Grandparent fun began. After dropping me off at the airport my mom and Reagan went shopping at Target to get a few warmer outfits. Who didn't know that it would be a chilly 70 degrees in Pittsburgh in June? Well when it has been in the 90's at home you just don't think about those things. But I'm sure Reagan loved it.
While I was at a baby shower on Sunday this is what I was greeted with on my phone. Reagan playing in my pool.
Sunday hanging out in the pool in her
cute Dollar store bathing suit. Yes the Dollar Store.
Who would of thought that something that cute would
come from there? Thanks Aunt Annette!
I called twice a day to check on Reagan and she was doing great. Even if she wasn't they still wouldn't tell me that. My mom kept Reagan Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. My dad had her Wednesday and Friday. When I talked to my dad on Friday he said that Friday was a much better day than Wednesday. They were having a great time together.....
During her week with Grammy and Popski they were busy and had plenty of visitors.
Eating chips over the sink... and Cole ready to catch one.
Hanging out in the pool
Play time... it was nice weather in Pittsburgh, but for Alabama standards.. it was chilly.
Aunt Mel came over to visit for a lunch date.
Lunch was SOOO good!
Marcus and Hannah came over to hang out for a little bit. Reagan was very
entertained by them.
Hannah was reading to Reagan... one of her favorite things
Xander and Madalyn came over for a visit also. They were the last visitors before it was time for Reagan to come back home.
Reagan just loves being around people and this trip was far from short of people
being around.
Since the visit went SO WELL... maybe this might be a yearly thing for Reagan to do?!?!?!
Paul and I did miss Reagan A LOT and even said it a few times while she was away. But we were still happy to have our time together just the two of us. Crazy how a baby changes everything. Saturday morning Paul and I both flew out, Paul to work and me to Pittsburgh. I was so excited to see Reagan. When I got in the car she was sleep... sad but it didn't last for long but I loved on her as fast as I could.
Side Note: When I was growing up I always went and spent time with my Grammy and it was always the best. We would stay up late, sleep in, garden, play cards, and just enjoy each others company.... just the two of us. I hope Reagan can make those great memories with her Grammy.












1 comment:
I LOVE Reagan's bathing suit! SO so cute :)
Post a Comment